2021 Fall Event Calendar
- August 7th, Woody Witt, Axelrad, 7-10pm
- August 21st, Keith Karnaky Trio, Brasil Cafe, 7-10pm
- August 21st: Woody Witt, Cezanne, 8pm
- Sept 16th: Wholehearted Repair, Congregation Shma Koleinu, 3pm.
- October 3rd: House Concert with Paul Kelmperer, 4-6pm
- October 24th: Sea Breeze, Discovery Green, 2pm (see flyer!)
- November 6th, Private house concert
- November 19st: Woody Witt, Cezanne, 8pm
- December 4th: Craftidote, Antidote Cafe, 1-4pm
I did the string arrangements and played piano on this beautiful track from the 2017 release Sky High by the ubertalented Kim Prevost and Bill Solley. Love these guys.
As one gig after another was cancelled in the early days of the pandemic, musicians grew accustomed to clicking the Delete Event button on their iPhones. Drummer Tim Solook’s newest release is an homage to this experience, and to the loss of gigs in general. I play electric piano on three tracks along with a band of primo Houston musicians. Stream it on Spotify or buy it on Amazon.
Here’s a tune from bassist David Craig’s 2017 album of original music, The Mystery, that I was honored to play on. The band includes saxophonist Woody Witt and drummer Daniel Dufour. Buy it on Amazon.
Love on a Sunday EP
A collection of tunes written between 2009 and 2011 inspired by a love of guitar/piano duets. This turned into a larger project with music beyond just that genre. The end result is an EP titled Love on a Sunday, which features six musicians on eight original compositions. It’s now available to hear for free on Bandcamp, but a whopping $2 purchase also gets you the scores.
Erich Avinger: guitar (1, 8)
Steve Brown: bass (2)
Al Campbell: bass (3)
Paul Chester: guitar (4, 7)
Mike Sunjka: guitar (3, 6)
Patrick Williams, Jr.: drums (2, 3)